Take a deep breath…and then open your eyes..You’ve just arrived in St. Moritz, Switzerland!
Imagine yourself surrounded by white mountain hills, elegantly wooden carved chalets scattered around, blankets of snow reaching your après-ski boots, rays of sun showering and warming up your face and skin, endless sips of creamy hot chocolate “à la crème chantilly”…This is what an elegant winter escape looks like at the small picturesque village of Celerina, a breath away from St. Moritz..
St. Moritz is a place of indulging in the glory of an escape to the mountain at an elevation of 1,856 m without feeling isolated from the world. St.Moritz in a map.
It offers a strong dose of modern, elegant Alpine lifestyle…from skiing in the morning where the best light showers the exquisitely groomed pistes at Corviglia…to shopping at the ephemeral winter boutiques of Cartier, Hérmes or Moncler in the afternoon…and enjoying an early dinner with fine wine and Gruyère cheese fondue..
Personal memo: I fondly remember my afternoon strolls at Via Serias, window shopping at Van Cleef & Arpels and browsing for elegantly designed Swiss inspired après-ski boots and then tea time at the Badrutt’s Palace Hotel where the ladies were wearing the chicest gloves with matching elegant enlarged hats.
All time favourite: Spending time at the St. Moritz lake where locals used it as an ice ring…Or soaking up the sun during lunch at the top of Corviglia mountain after a day of -non-skiing- skiing lessons channeling my inner Audrey Hepburn in Charade (1963)..
- Stay at the elegantly preserved Cresta Palace in Celerina where you can enjoy the perfect early morning walks.
- Dare to do yoga lessons at the world’s first (snow) yoga piste in St. Moritz.
- Catch the Olympic bob run St. Moritz-Celerina, the world’s oldest bob run still in operation.
- Dive at the hot tub on the sun terrace at the mountain restaurant on the Diavolezza while having free views of the Bernina massif and the Piz Palü.
- Sip your afternoon tea and sandwiches with over the top elegance at the historic Badrutt’s Palace Hotel overlooking the infamous, iced St.Moritz Lake, the St.Moritzersee.
The Snow Polo World Cup in January 2017, a unique spectacle for both Polo and snow aficionados where guest players in the last years have included Nacho Figueras with sponsors such as Cartier, Ralph Lauren and Maserati..
Always remember when travelling, create memories, soak up experiences, smells, cultures, meet new people, take (lots of) pictures but first live with Elegance…